It is done - pfischbeck.de is online. I want to use this site to document my experiences, especially in the digital world, and share the gained knowledge. While looking for the right tools for such a site, I soon landed on Hugo, a Go framework for generating static websites. Using static websites, especially with Hugo, comes with several advantages:
- Fast generation of the whole website (few milliseconds)
- Simple deployment without dependencies on the server
- Built-in support for multilingual sites
- Extensive template support that is easily adjusted
- Easy post creation in markdown format
I am pleased with my first experiences with this framework. As a basis for the theme, I chose hello-friend, which I will customize to my needs step by step. I will document some of these steps here.